Set Project - Sculpture

 Today I finished all of my sculptures that are presenting a witches' sabbath. I made four characters - three witches and one goat standing on two legs. I tried to make each of the characters unique with different height and face and I think I archived this goal.

Here are photos of how I created my works step by step:





This is the second witch that I made for my scene she looks kind of creepy with this smile and the head that is almost on her chest. It gives that vibe when somebody makes not a funny prank and is laughing from it and remind me about these psychopathic killers from the movies when the murderer is looking at the victim holding the knife in hand and is smiling at the person, knowing very well that the person can not escape from the killer hands. 

I really like it I have never imagined that I can create such a creepy character I am proud of myself.


This is the third character that I create and it is my favourite with this big, hooked nose, very small eyes, displeased face and hump on her back is a perfect image of the witch from the fairytales. 


Here is the photo of the three witches that I made using clay.
Another character that I focused on after finishing creating the witches is a goat, a symbol of Satan who women worship and sacrifice the innocent lives of young children as a result they receive power and young appearance.






I am not good at creating animals but I tried my best to make goat as much similar as I can, making a pattern was the most difficult part of creating this sculpture. I have to use a knife that has an indentation on it that after putting one on another has to imitate a goat fur. 

To be honest I am a little bit amazed at how good it looks. I tried my best in creating it but I did not expect this result. I am not good at making sculptures so I thought that this time this scene will look the same as the rest of the clay work's - nothing special but it is better than I expected. I can clearly see the progress in using this material looking at my first sculpture, this one that I created is much better and I am proud of myself because of it. 

And now all I have to do is to wait for it to dry out and paint it. 


Comments

Popular Posts