Set Project - Reflection
As my next year course is an Animation for Set Project I decided to create something that might help me develop some skills before the beginning of this course such as digital drawing that is really important in the industry that I choose. The topic of the Art Project is Ultimate Black and all my thoughts about this theme were about witches, necromancy and magic as a result I decided to use all of these ideas and create works also including stories and belief about the witches and create four 2D and one 3D work using them.
I tried to use the same colour in each of the works that would give some similarity to each of them I decided to use the colour black as a background and a light green as magic. For creating almost most of it, I used software Photoshop, some of the work was drawn by hand.
During designing all of these illustrations and one storyboard I focused very much on how the lights and shadows impact the rest of the work and also on the patterns that have to imitate wood pattern. It was beneficial for me for the future because lights and shadows are adding more realistic features to the designed characters. I have never expected that drawing lights on the illustrations can be that fun.
The colours are pretty well-chosen I really like how the light green harmonize with everything around. I tried to make it in a more interesting way for a viewer that's why I always thought if I am not exaggerating with details but I am glad that the final outcome looks pretty well what I was not expecting choosing this topic. Because of it, it is easy to add too much and the work would look terrible I am glad that I did not make this mistake.
Of course, I made some mistakes, for example, my characters are not dynamic as much as I wanted -this is something that I have work on really hard because I am not good at drawing dynamic poses, this is something that I want to work on during my days at the university.
The final outcome looks different than I thought at the beginning because I wanted to create it in different styles but it ended up that I made it in only one. As a consequence these works even if the final outcome looks pretty well, in my opinion, might look dull for the viewer because of not making various enough work. Develop my own style is also something that I have to work on.
As for the sculptures when I made five characters - four witches and one goat that has to imitate Satan looks better than I expected. These characters have to present a scene where the witches collect around the devil as an imitation of worshipping him. For creating it I was inspired by Francisco Goya's painting Witches' Sabbath.
I tried my best to create each of the figures with a different appearance and height that would give my work a more natural outlook. I painted my characters five layers of purple paint for making them more smooth and can not be seen anything from underneath. To be honest this scene is one of the best sculptures in my life.
Artist from whom I was inspired is Francisco Goya - the dark vibe and some witches appearance and John William Waterhouse - witches' image.
During creating this project I tried to make each of the illustrations that would look like a scene from the animation that would help me for my future plans as I want to work in the animation industry so that practice is very beneficial for me. The same as creating more dynamic drawings than my previous works was a great exercise.
I really like these works because after finishing them I am proud of myself because I know that I tried my best in designing these works and I archive my aim which was to create characters using beliefs ad stories.


Comments
Post a Comment