Set Project - 3D Prototype
As my Set Project is about witchcraft and the stories that were created over the centuries about witches as a result after little brainstorm I decided to make a sculpture that would present one of these fairytales. For creating it I was inspired by one of Goya's Black Paintings Witches' Sabbath.
Personally, I think that this painting is one of the best presentations of the stories about witches that we can see in the museum. The atmosphere in this work match really good with the chosen topic I will try to create that kind of mood in my sculptures I am aware that it will be difficult but I want to challenge myself a little bit.
Goya (1797-98) Witches' Sabbath
I decided to create something similar to this situation that we can see in Goya's work - witches that are placed around the goat that has to imitate Satan image. I made some sketches before making a clay sculpture that helped me create one of my work.
These drawings were made for finding the best way to create the sculpture. How would it looks with hands bend or straight and if the clay allows me to do it like that. Thank's for making these drawings I tried also to find the best solution for how to create my sculpture. The head and the hat would be perfectly balanced with the rest body and do not fall down because of the heavier upper half. Even if it was not easy I tried my best and I think the sculpture looks pretty good.
Here are the photos of creating the sculpture step by step
I am planning to create 4 more characters for my witches' sabbath. I have to paint the clothes and hair only because the face has the perfect colour for me. This sculpture is not one of my best work but I tried my best and the first one from my "scene" is much more not refined than others that I am working on but I think this is a good beginning.
References:
Francisco Goya (1797-98) Witches' Sabbath 43x30cm oil on canvas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witches%27_Sabbath_(Goya,_1798)#/media/File:Francisco_de_Goya_y_Lucientes_-_Witches_Sabbath_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg Museo Lázaro Galdiano, Madrid










Comments
Post a Comment