Set Project - Witch on the broom

 Today I decided to finish one of my work to Set Project that present witch flying on the broom. This illustration was made like other was made in software Photoshop. I tried to make this drawing using three colours - black, red and white. This task was not easy but I tried my best. I wanted to make something unexpected, something that we can not see on the internet that's why I come with the idea of the witch flying off from the huge octopus  This animal is presented as a big red monster with big yellow teeth. 

Firstly after uploading my sketch to the programme I started by making outlines in my works and then adding some basic colours for the background to my illustration.




Nextly I added some more details to the octopus - shadows and point out the monster's eyes and mouth.



And then I focused more on the background adding stairs and the moon's glow. For doing it I used a Soft Round  Brush for the moon, and an Ultimate Pencil Hard and also Spatter Bot Tilt (dots) for making the stairs. 


Nextly I added some clouds to my work using Soft Round  Brush for creating this softness like cotton candy clouds


I decided to erase these clouds because they do not match well with my work. That's why later I experimented a little bit with the moon's glow adding some lines or more these soft smudge all of this can be seen in final outcomes


I added a little bit too much light on the octopus tentacles 


Conclusion to be honest I did not expect that the final outcome would look like that. It looks pretty funny and but not scary at all. The octopus that supposes to be a monster is not terrified for the viewer it looks more like he is angry because he can not catch the witch in his tentacles. 

As everybody can see obviously I do not have a talent for drawing scary things they look more cute and adorable just like plush toys that actually monsters but I can not do anything with it. Even if I try it always ends up looking like that but I like it, it is some kind of my "style" that I have to still work on but I really like it. The way the characters are presented and how the background affects the foreground. 


Comments

Popular Posts