Set Project - Project Development

 During today's lessons, we have to create five drawings that will help us develop our Set Project work. As I am doing illustration with the main topic - beliefs and fairytales about witches and I want to do it with different styles I decided to create six fast sketches of one of my work in various styles to find which one I will do my next work. 

For me, great problem is designing witches that are preparing magic mixture standing behind the kettle. I have too many ideas for it but none of them seems to be good enough for it, something always is missing. I thought that I already decided how would it looks like but it is not true. Sometimes I hate it that I can not stay with one "final" thought and not change anything I always have to make something different and that's why very often general idea is changing. For other people it might be weird or frustrating and I am aware of it, but I can not do anything to change it. I think that is the way of being an artist.

That's why I decided to make fast six sketches of witches that are preparing magic mixture standing behind the kettle with different styles - changing character's appearance, background and ingredients that are thrown to the cauldron. 

I made it using a black pen so everything may seem to be messy but I tried my best to include all of my ideas for this drawing. I am sure that the final outcome might look completely different but I wanted to "writte down" thoughts that I have for it at the moment. 


It lets me see what should I work on a little bit more and what leave that how it is. I think I did a pretty good job even if all of my works look pretty familiar to each other but I thought that would be a good exercise for me so I made it that way. 








Comments

  1. Good - the faces work well - I'd like to see further and more detailed development of this. the 'shots' in each panel of your storyboard are also well chosen, focused where they need to be, giving the impression of movement and action. Develop this with colour and maybe even mixed media as you go towards producing your final outcomes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts