Set Project - Poster

Today I focused on making an illustration for my poster which presents a skull on which is placed a burning candle. Firstly I made some fast sketches that will help me finish my work faster and eventually change work, adding or erasing something from it in the middle of creating this illustration. 





After uploading chosen sketch to Photoshop I decided to make this illustration in three colours yellow, black and red and then I began to add a black and also basic frame on the background, next thing that I draw were outlines on it in my favourite dark red colour. 


Then I added some base colours to my work. For creating it I used a Hard Round brush also for the first step I also used the same brush like was used here.


Then I began to draw some shadow parts for it I used a Soft Round brush. I tried to make it in a little bit scary way, even if the viewer clearly can see that it is not a terrifying presentation of the skull because of the way that it is drawn. But I tried my best to create that kind of atmosphere.

After finishing making shadows on the skull I focused more on the candle - shadows and light parts. I tried to make it the most realistic as I can even if the melting wax on the candle was a great challenge for me during creating this part I am proud of how it looks.


Another part on which I focused on is candlelight that I made in light green colour and added some smudge of this colour on the skull for making it more authentic.
Using light green colour as candlelight was an attempt to add a connection to the witches' sabbath where the fire around which were dancing women is mostly in green colour.

Next thing that I added was golden lines on the background that light up a little bit the background and then added some dots on the frame in gold colour with lower opacity for keeping the atmosphere.


Here is the final outcome



I really like the final outcome it is created the way I wanted with the minimalistic style, that was the intention. The colours harmonize with each other pretty well the only thing that disturbs me in this work are the skull's teeth because it reminds me of octopus legs a little bit. 

I still have to add some text to my illustration so this work is not finished yet but I am glad that I managed to do it like I wanted. 

Here is my work with the title that I have drawn with Ultimate Pencil Hard brush in the colour of the candlelight. The way the title is drawn match the rest of the poster very well. These sharp letters add a great atmosphere of death and magic to this work. 


In the background, I added some lines because I thought that it might suit the poster well but looking at it now I am not sure. so I decided to delete it and leave it the way it was before. 






Comments

  1. Good use of software and design here. I agree, it works better without the background lines.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts