Set Project - Making dead alive again

 Today I made another work for my Set Project the illustration present a witch that is trying to make alive again dead and wounded deer using a magic spell from the book. 

Firstly I begin from making some skatches



After deciding which one I want to work on then I added some based colour as a background to my work


Then I begin to work on it adding some shadows and light part to my illustration


Later I decided to change the position of the arm from bent to straight. Added some details to the witch face - nose, eyes and mouth and to the book such as pages and cover. I light up a little bit the animal's fur because it blends with the table on which the deer is lying. Also, I added some mist that has to imitate using magic by the witch.


Later I worked on light a little bit, adding green lines to the hair, book cover, hat and also the table. All of this has to imitate the falling light that comes from the hand on a different part of the background.  For creating it I used a Soft Round Pressure Opacity brush (this soft part light coming from the hand) and also Ultimate Pencil Hard (lines that can be seen on the cover book, on the table or in the hair).


Here is the final outcome of my work


Conclusion I am not really good with hand drawing for sure and also I have problems with working with clothes because all of them looks flat without any creases on the clothes that adds some character to the work. 

This illustration presents what I want to show and I am proud of myself because I archived the goal that I was aiming for. The drawing may seem a little bit clumsy but I tried my best to do it as well as I can. I see some mistakes that I have to still work on but I like this work.




Comments

  1. As long as the clumsiness fits with your overall idea, you can get away with that to a certain extent. The image looks a little out of focus, is this how it is in reality?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but as one last reference post, look at the work of James Ensor, a Belgian painter who used skulls in his work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts