Art Portfolio - Photo Doodle

 A second task that we have to make during today's sessions was creating our own Photo Doodle. We have to use some printed image or image from newspaper and alter it. The task was about changing the theme and meaning of the image. We could add whatever we wanted, we could draw on it, scratch it or even tear it apart just to make it unique. 

I decided to use a piece of the magazine and redo it, adding some drawings on the background that will match the foreground. I tried to make it in a funny way, not focusing only on the aspect of how would it looks like. Will, it looks good enough or will it look bad when I add it here or there? 

I went a little crazy, playing with the patterns and colours. To be honest, making this piece of work was pretty fun and relaxing.



I wanted to make my character in a funny pose - serious man in the suit above but below he is a colourful dancer. I thought that connecting these two images would be great something like showing two sides of the person in one photo. Serious man outside but inside may be sensitive that like playing and dance. 



Here is the final outcome of my work


To be honest this picture resembles me a little bit the men nature. They might be adult outside but still, they might behave like kids playing and making pranks. That's why I decided to present my character in that background full of flowers and bees with the crown above head - he is his own king, he will not hear anybody. This character was inspired by my younger brother Krzysztof, he is exactly the way I described above. 

Making it I did not want to offend anybody and make fun of them. If I insult someone then I apologize. It was not my intention. 

Comments

  1. This, to me at least, is in no way offensive, in fact it is really funny! great use of mixed media and cut and paste, good outcome, interesting idea, well done. How might you use this approach alongside the symbols you created in the previous tasks to create your brand for your animation?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts