Set Project - Designing the title
Today I tried to design a title for my Set Project, after making some quick sketches with things that I associate with the topic - witch. I started to create each letter with a different pattern.
Here are sketches to which I added some colours that in my opinion would be the mouse suitable to my idea for Set Project.
After deciding which designed letters I want to use in the title of my work I started to redo it using Photoshop.
Firstly I made outlines, I decide that maroon would be the best colour for it because it does not darken any part of my work as black colour and it matches unexpectedly very well to every colour in the title as an outline. I wanted to try something new and I do not expect that that change would be good.
Nextly I started to fulfil this letter with colours that could be seen in my works from my previous post - Set Project - Tell me a story - purple, light yellow, bloody red and dark blue. These colours remind me about witches that why I wanted to use these in my title as well. But they were not suitable at all, so I decided to colourize this letter with different colours which ended up much better.
Here is a screenshot of my work where can be seen colours which I used in my work. Firstly I started with using colours that I used in my sketches of this letter and made a base for my work.
Then I added some colours with highlighting shadows and light part on the stems of the mushrooms
Then using base colours five darker I made shadows on the mushrooms and also some random patterns using five times lighter colour than in the base.
As the stems of the mushrooms were too light in my opinion I darkened them a little using dark green as a background that changed this work a little bit too dark so I added some lighter parts using colour like could be seen in the beginning. All this work went pretty well in my opinion.

Next thing which I started to create was the next letter in my title. As in the previous work, I also started from outlines to putting some base colour to this letter.
Later I focused more on details - pattern on the wand and some light part on the stair (because I did not really know how to show "do magic" using wand so I thought that this would be the best idea). After finishing it I started to do the next letter which I tried to show as some kind of magic plant which is present in movies. Curved and full of "veins" on it. I think I overcome this aim.
As the cat is assumed to be the best friend of the witch I wanted to use this image and create one of the letters. I decided not to use black colour because this colour will be too heavy compared to the rest of the letters instead of it I used dark brown.
The last letter in my title is hat because witches always are presented as ladies in the big pointy hat I wanted to also use this piece of cloth and create something from it.
The final outcome does not look that bad I can say that I am happy with how it looks but I think that the last two letters are too heavy compared to the rest title. The colours are too dark and they are not that soft as these three. I will change it if I find better colours that would be more suitable for these two letters but at the moment I do not have any more complaints about the final piece.















Comments
Post a Comment