Art Portfolio - Welcome post
Welcome again to my blog after a short break. This term which is the last one in this school year I am going to also use this blog for the Art Portfolio module.
During this term, I will try my best to improve my imagination. I want to try thinking more outside of the box, do not think only obvious about the topic but this time I want to try to play a little bit with associations. I hope that thanks to it maybe I will create something unique which will help develop my art style and ideas.
During spring term I mostly focus on resting and developing a little bit of my English language skills which are really important to me because very often I can not say everything that I want because I do not know enough words what make me feel miserable and incompetent. In improving my language fluency I read lots of novels and articles with topics that were interesting for me. This time I know a little bit better artists such as Pablo Picasso and Constantin Brancusi.
Their work may not have a lot in common because firstly their techniques are different, the same as their styles and art directions which one they create their works. Picasso mostly creates paintings in cubism, mainly using geometric figures and create everything that he wants from it - portraits, historic scene or landscapes.
His style changes drastically over the years from academic painting to basic shapes.
Pablo also created multi-dimensional sculptures, he reuses things such as for example bike parts - bicycle seat and handlebars and creates from it Bull's Head.
Picasso (1942) Bull's head
Constantin Brancusi created abstract sculptures, using simple forms he creates art that has a deeper meaning and what is unbelievable his works are sold by an incredibly large amount of money for example La muse Endormie (Sleeping muse) (1910) which was made in bronze in 2017 was sold on auction for 57.3 mln Euro.
Brancusi used in his works symbolism and his characters were created using basic shapes such as rectangles like in The Kiss or oval shape like in Sleeping Muse. The simplification of the form is a great base for creating characters for animation which is a course that I am going to learn next year.
References:
Moco choco (2017) Self Portrait of Pablo Picasso from age 15 to 90 (Online) https://moco-choco.com/2017/02/01/self-portraits-of-pablo-picasso-from-age-15-90/ [07.04.2021]
Kelly Richman-Abdou (2016) Evolution of Picasso's Iconic Self-Portraits From Age 15 to 90 (Online) https://mymodernmet.com/pablo-picasso-self-portraits/ [07.04.2021]
Pablo Picasso (1937) Guernica Oil on canvas, 349.3x776.6 cm https://www.museoreinasofia.es/en/collection/artwork/guernica Madrit
Pablo Picasso (1942) Bull's head bicycle seat and handlebars, 33,5x43,5x19 cm https://kottke.org/16/01/bulls-head-by-pablo-picasso Musee Picasso, Paris
Constantin Brancusi (1910) Sleeping Muse bronze https://useum.org/artwork/La-Muse-Endormie-Constantin-Brancusi-1923
Farenheitmagazine (2017) Constantin Brancusi pionier sztuki współczesnej (Online) https://fahrenheitmagazine.com/pl/sztuka/plastik/Constantin-Brancusi-pionier-sztuki-wsp%C3%B3%C5%82czesnej#view-1[07.04.2021]
Constantin Brancusi (1907-08) The Kiss 27,9x26x21,6 cm https://www.artlyst.com/features/top-10-memorable-kisses-art/brancusi-kiss-artlyst-top-10-kisses/ Rockefeller - Latner cast possibly








Very good post Klaudia - reflective, thoughtful with some intelligent insights about last term and how to improve this term. Well done. Like your choices of artists, particularly Brancusi - the simplification of forms in his work would be a good basis for animated characters and also could fit with the theme of Primitivism for the major project this term. If you see this post before the session on Monday, have a look at the Set Project brief on Blackboard as we will be going through this during the session.
ReplyDelete