Set Project - Project development
During today's Art Portfolio lessons we have to create four sketches as ideas for our Set Project. As my Project focuses on witches I want to create sketches with one situation with which were they associated.
The idea that I want to develop is where witches create a magic mixture I tried to use a few different sceneries, items and characters. Everything is in black and white because I do not want to destroy my work with unsuitable colours. I want to come up with some ideas and then colourize them later.
Here are sketches
I think the best suitable is the third one of my work because it shows the best-creating magic mixture. A young woman is standing with wide-open arms with a long cloth in front of the kettle where is made potion. She is reading some kind of spell from the book which can be seen in front of her head. A whole scenery is during the full moon in the forest - there are a few trees and bushes.
The rest of the drawings is not bad but I do not think that they are a good match for the image I want to show about witches they are just not enough. The rest pieces are too static. Maybe the first one on the left side with three witches cooking magic potion with the background where are jars full of the ingredients.



What these sketches do well (and I would like to see more to see how your idea is developing) is they show your action from a variety of angles, as if you are thinking of an animated narrative. They work well, don't be too self critical.
ReplyDelete