Art Portfolio - Planning Primary Research
During today's Art Portfolio lessons we were talking about Primary Research and Secondary Research - what is the difference between these two and what sources are used for creating each of the researches. And now is the time for us to create our first Primary Research.
As my Set Project focuses on witches and some of the ideas to my works include forest as background, full moon or clouds, I want to focus on drawing those. As I am not good with drawing anything that looks as light as cotton candy, before starting my Set Project works I have made some practice. Drawing shapes of the trees let me create a more realistic background for my project. Very often I draw trees just like straight rectangles with some line pattern on them so it is not suitable as trees which I want to show in my illustrations at all.
I want to create my Set Project with a dark vibe so I think the best option will be going to the forest or park at night to see how shadows on the trees look like and what the moon co - plays with the trees, but I do not think that this would be safe for me and I do not have any forest or park near me so I have to find another way to check it.
Maybe I just go during daylight to someplace with trees and make some sketches of them, this practice will also help me for the future how to draw trees.
With a moon or clouds, it will be easier because I can go outside and made some photographs of them or use a view from my room. Well taking the picture of the moon is difficult because it very often looks just like a really small white circle in the dark background without any details on it, so I think the best what I can do is drawing what I see at the moment and eventually take some pictures if the night will be full of clouds that little cover the moon.


Okay, don't forget to publish the results of your research with notes, comments and follow ups in terms of sketches based on your images, either digital or hand drawn. Then once complete, think about how you can engage some secondary research - where can your primary research take you?
ReplyDelete