Set Project - Considering my work in the real world

 During today's Art Portfolio class were shown examples of artists that have an impact on changes in the world such as Paul Davidoff or Stella Mccartney. Based on their work we have to consider how our projects can do the same - have an effect on the world.

What influences could your project have on the real world?

During my study time at school, I learnt almost nothing about women described as witches and because of what were they bringing to death. These people were just mentioned but I wanted to know more because I do love stories about witches and fairies, after learning about them I do love them even more because I admire these people for their straight of character and courage that despite so many difficulties, they were still who they were

 I want to show that people have a power that they do not even know about, that they can change other people perception of something or someone thanks to words and actions. People can destroy or create and everything depends on the actions which would be used for it. Also, I want to show that some of the fairytales and stories pretty presented were created through people suffering and tone of lies. 

Will your project show a point of view or show something that might make people think definitely?

I want to show the stories and also fairytales in which people believed which often were created as a result of narcotic drugs. Lots of women were accused of using magic but they did not throw any charm. Witches from middle age were very often village healer that used natural plant substantiations for curing their neighbour's thanks to using herbs they made highly - functioning but often hallucinogenic steam. 

The skin of amphibians that were very often used as one of the ingredients of these mixtures for creating a pain relief mixture. The skin of these animals very often include natural toxins, as a result, people after taking this specific very often feel like being under influence of the opium. That's why they have weird and fantastic visions of seeing flying witches or image magic stories. 

Also, lots of accused women were old ladies that time believed that older women especially widows they were poor, lonely and miserable that's why they were an easy target for the Devils. They agree to conclude a pact with him for the promise of riches, youth and power said Jason Coy an expert on European witchcraft and superstition from Charleston College, South Carolina. 

It is possible that these stories have a big influence on witches nowadays in movies or cartoons, where they are presented as crooked old women with a hook nose and lots of warts. Also, eating children allowed them to retain their beautiful, young body as well as their power. 

Similar to this image of the witches was presented in the movie Stardust from 2007 where three witches wanted to eat the heart of the Star for becoming young and more powerful. 

This image may also have an impact on the creation of a fairytale about Hansel and Gretel.


How else does your work have influence?

I want to make sure that my message is clear and understandable for everybody. That's why I want to make these illustrations that will look like a cadre from animation full of dynamic poses and magic with dark vibes the same as witches were described. I want to focus on the time of the day, colours and things with whom they were associated. As my topic for this project is Ultimate Black creating these works will be great fun and challenge.
Why is it important?

I would like to raise awareness among people about the historical aspect of the women that were described as witches, for which they were sentenced to death.


References:

National Geographic Poland (2019) The witches did fly. The contents of the magic cauldron made everyone fly away (Online) https://www.national-geographic.pl/artykul/czarownice-naprawde-lataly-zawartosc-magicznego-kotla-sprawiala-ze-kazdy-by-odlecial [26.04.2021]


Comments

  1. Remember if you are going to cut and paste text from other sources, make sure they are quotations - these posts need to be in your own words. I like your comment at the end about raising awareness about the plight of witches, there is a lot of materials about this online that you can use as background research for this project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts