Set Project - reflection
As my next year course is Animation for Set Project I wanted to create six characters based on my family characteristic trials. Given that I have some issues with story outcome I decided to use these works in Jan Brzechwa poems which were the most suitable for them. For Set Project, I used a colour palette and patterns from these illustrations and designed titles and pages for the book. For creating all of it, I used software Photoshop.
During designing these characters I focused on characteristic features such as fur, features or wings and create the most suitable figure for the children's book. The most difficult part was creating birds because I have never done anything like that. Making these features and using a pattern that would imitate them was definitely the hardest part.
Artists whom I was inspired during creating these works were Alphonse Mucha - soft lines and frames and Maurice Sendack - mostly animal's patterns.
This project may not have a lot in common with animation because I made just a poetry book with illustrations, even if I made characters based on my family personalities, the final effect looks just like illustrations to a book. But I really like this works because after finishing it I am proud of myself because I know that I tried my best in designing these characters and I archive my aim which was creating characters for children.
I think trying something new like drawing animals from people's characters and not only focusing on one theme was a great exercise for me, because I have to be careful what I am doing all the time if I did not overdo with patterns and if this really shows that person which I wanted.


Comments
Post a Comment