Set Project - Mockup part 1

Today I finished putting some of my illustrations and titles on the mockup.  During doing this I always started from the right side because I wanted to arrange text and the title with the drawings and then on the left side I composed my illustration with the small draw parts such as mouse tail or leaves.

Here is the cover for my poetry book for which I designed the title with the author's name



The title is too messy and there are too many details for the children's book. It just does not match well that's why I changed it to written by brush an Ultimate Pencil Hard in dark purple colour.

After adding the author's name and the baby pink colour as the background I add some drawing, only outlines - penguin, stairs and random lines because it associates with children's book in my opinion these simple drawings.


Here is how it looks as a mockup



First two pages which I made was a composition of illustration, drawing and text from Birds rumorous 

I started by putting all text on the mockup 


Nextly I tried to try out various places where I could leave this text where it will suit the best


I decided to leave this text on the right side because on the left side I wanted to draw some illustration as arranging this empty place. I draw a goose with the crown in a baby blue colour because I thought that a bird, in this case, will suit best.


Nextly I was trying to find a better place for the text, change text colour from dark red to completely black and drew a bird's wing. Now, this part looks like the animal is telling this poetry what I really like. Later I change these blue waves to pink lines which gives a more elegant look 


 Next was the left part where firstly I put my illustration to this poem 


Later I tried to arrange it with some drawings from dark green leaves and lines to pink lines



Here is the mockup effect


Nextly were puss in boots part, like above firstly I started with the right part. Putting all text and arrange it with some drawing - mouse which will match the poem and illustration



On the left page, I put illustration and tried to continue the mouse tail on the other side which I did and added the cat's paw and pink lines behind it.


Firstly I started with a paw pattern but it looks terrible that's why I changed it to one thing which is the cat's paw 


After click Ctrl + S which is a shorter way to save and it automatic showing on the mockup, I could see the final effect these two pages




References:

Mockup Design (2021) Free children's mockup https://mockups-design.com/free-childrens-book-mockup/ [12.03.2021]

Comments

  1. So this looks like an interesting approach to what you are doing - I would like you to make it clear what the purpose of this book is - is it just a book of illustrations or is it an outline for an animated film using Brzechwa's poems as the starting point? You are not explaining what you are doing clearly enough.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts