Set Project - designing a title

Today I finished creating a topic for my chosen poems and illustrations. I have ended up with four drawings already that's why I designed the same number of title for them using colours and pattern used in my works it was a really good experience for me. The possibility of creating a title for illustrations inspired by poems let me work on developing my matching colours and patterns skills which I have to still improve. This was a great challenge for me because I have never designed words using patterns and colours. All of these fonts were made using Photoshop software.

Here are the designed titles for illustrated poems 

Fonts sketches - photo from my sketchbook 


My illustration which colour and character were an inspiration for designing these titles. 


Firstly I started with making outlines on the new layer. Later I colourize it using colours from my illustration. I decided to add something that is associated with a dog in this case it is a rubber dog bone. This can be seen in my illustration as well.



Then I decided to add some patterns to my font which has to imitate dog's fur, for doing this I used colours from my work as well. Dots were made using Spatter Brush, lines were made with an Ultimate Charcoal Pencil. 


The final effect, this font may not be perfect but suit very well to my illustration's poem 


Next work I enjoyed doing the most because I could be crazy for a little create a pattern for this poem using my own intuition what will suit the most when I am thinking about a little bit of uncouth and full of life monkey. 


Firstly I made a base for my font which was dark green and then put a lighter colour on it which imitates this word shadows 



Then I decided to add something that is associated with a monkey which are bananas which I used in my illustration too. Later I added a pattern to it which has to imitate a monkey body which in my opinion I did pretty well.



For an imitation of the jungle, I decided to add a pattern of the leaves on the rest of the letters. In the end for making a more realistic banana, I added dots to it. For making shadows on the banana I used a Soft Round brush, for imitation of the leaves and fur I used an Ultimate Charcoal Pencil. For the rest (based colours) of it was used Hard Round brush.



Here final effect


Next illustration which was an inspiration for my font was the work of the cat


As in the others works firstly I started with sketches of my font and then put based colours on it with shadows on the letters back 





Next thing which I did was adding some details to it. I focused on cat image and used colour from my work to colourize them. Firstly I started with creating a mouse in the middle and then started to focus on all the rest. 


The part above is an imitation of the cat with a lines pattern on his tail. The part below was more for including background - wall and carpet because I really liked them. That's why I added to these letters pattern from them. For doing the pattern, I used an Ultimate Charcoal Pencil. In this task, this brush becomes my favourite For the rest (based colours) of it was used Hard Round brush.


The last font which I designed today was for Peacock word.


This font I tried to made elegantly using patterns that I designed for my illustration and I tried my best to make it as good and suitable as I can. 

Firstly I started with a base like in the rest of my work and then I added some peacock's pattern on it. This work is darker because I worked on the layer with the photo of my sketches.



I tried to use every colour which I include in my illustration and put it in my font and I think I archive this goal. 


Here is the final piece 




To sum up shortly maybe these fonts are not as pretty as my works but still, I am proud that I managed to include things that I wanted in this works. I know there is still lots to work on but I am also proud that I improve my digital drawing skills which are very important skills for me that I wanted to develop.

Comments

  1. Klaudia, I would like you to make it clearer regarding how you are going to use the poem as part of your project and how it interacts with your characters. As far as I can see your character designs haven't changed, so i am finding it difficult to understand how this fits with the poetry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts