Set Project - creating drawings part 6

 Today I ended up with the last one of my illustration which was based on my brother's personality. Daniel is lazy, he can spend all day just sleeping or watching movies. Sometimes he behaves like an old grandpa who already is tired of living. My work was inspired by The Sloth by John Brzechwa. 

Firstly I create some sketches in my sketchbook






Then I started to add outlines to my chosen work this time I decided to do it on the coloured background and added some based colour to my work.


Later after adding rest based colour 


I added some dots pattern on the leaves 


Nextly I changed the colour background to more light 



Later I decided to add more patterns on the tree which will imitate wood shape and lines on the grass. This pattern was made using an Ultimate Pastel Palooza brush. 


In the end, I added a golden frame to my work here is the effect


For making my work lighter and less depressed I added some golden dots pattern on the light side of leaves, grass and bark. For making dots pattern I used Spatter Brush.








Comments

  1. The parrot character in the previous post and the sloth in this post are visually interesting characters that could be improved with a bit more shape and form within them and you can do this by adding more shading to make the two characters look rounder and more 3-dimensional.
    Make sure you listen to the recordings in Session 1 & 2 of Week 9 - there we focused on updating your website to include this terms work. You will need to create a new page for this set project work. Your portfolio should include a cover with your project title, your name and the name of your project and module. Please look at the Learning Materials and the recordings. If you have any questions please email me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts