Set Project - creating drawings part 4

 Today I finished another illustration for my Set Project. The character which I wanted to present is my little sister - Amelia. She is a really sweet, social and talkative person but when she gets angry it is started to become dangerous but her mood changes really often so no one takes her seriously. Amelia does love to create lots of stories from which she is proud of what is really cute, she does not like to sit in one place that's why we can see her everywhere. Sometimes she behaves like the kind of wild woman she runs, climbs and dances in really weird situations.
The animal which in my opinion will perfectly match her personality is a dog - Rottweiler. 

A photo that was an inspiration to my work:


Rottweilers

I wanted to create a little dog in a proud pose that she brings toys to her master in pristine condition. This photo was helpful for creating a colour palette and pose for my character.

Firstly like in every of my drawing I started with outlines:


Next, I started to put base colour on my character using graphite grey and mandarin colours. Later I added some details like nose, eyes and lines which point out parts of the dog anatomy. 



Nextly I began to create a pattern - lines on my animal and some shadows to make her less flat and more interesting. For doing it I used a Hard Round and  Ultimate Pencil Hard brushes. 



Next thing which I focus on is colourizing and adding some patterns on it such as dots or just shadow to doggy toys.  


The background was a thing on which I put a lot of attention  I tried to create a similar room in which was laying cat with this puffy carpet and pink walls. Making this carpet was not as difficult as before but still time-consuming and I think it is pretty similar to my previous work. As for the walls I made them in colour pink but I changed the pattern on them to bold lines.


In the end, I  tried my best to find the best suitable frame for this illustration and to be honest it was the most difficult thing to do. I tried and tried but after all this effort I found one which suits pretty good.

Firstly I tried out a gold frame without fulfilment but it looks terrible these colours are really not a good match.


That's why I changed a gold colour to white which suits better but still, something with boldness does not match this work.


Next was a very dark blue colour which was not that bad as I thought but still not the right one. This colour is a little too heavy for this illustration in my opinion that's why I changed it to light pink. Later I tried out dashed lines with this colour but it was too much conspicious and visible for this work.




Making this frame much bigger with fulfilment does not help it makes worse this illustration that's why I decided to make it thinnest what finally was perfect.



Here is the final effect:


References:

ViralBe (2019) Most amazing facts about Rottweilers (Online) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inS3SrOzS4Y [27.02.2021]


Comments

Popular Posts