Set Project - creating drawings part 3

 Today I finished the third of my Set Project illustration, where I wanted to present my little brother - Krzysztof character. When I was thinking about how I could show his personality the best I decided to use his love for fashion, that's the reason for choosing peacock as his spirit animal. Krzysztof is impulsive, entertaining and kind but under pressure and stress, he becomes too dramatic and shows how bad his temper is. That's why I thought that this animal will match his personality and the peacock are really elegant and pretty which are one of his advantages.

To found the best suitable pose I was researching models poses which helped me a lot with creating my character. I was amazed by how models posing has an impact on the impressions of the viewer. I have never focused on that kind of thing so it was new valuable formation for me which I am going to use in my next works. I decided to use in my illustration pose where a model is shown from the site where we can see his facial profile.

Here is a photo that was an inspiration:


South, Melancholic 
 
Basing on this photo I made outlines for my characters. I tried to create peacock in the most elegant and pretty way showing his gorgeous feathers. I wanted to give this drawing some kind of models on the runaway vibe when they are showing various outfits. I tried my best and in my opinion, I archive this goal.


Later based on this peacock photo I created colour palette which I used in colourizing my illustration. 


Peacock 
Next, I started to fulfil with colour of my outlines starting from the middle of my work which is the peacock' body. Adding colours that are associated with this animal was pretty easy. Peacock has feathers in this magnificent Indigo colour which shimmer with Ultramarine colour and these extraordinary feathers pattern gives this animal kind of royal vibe.



Here I tried to make this pattern in teardrop shape on a peacock back using lime (background), emerald (outlines) and gold (middle) colours.



The plume on the peacock's head was the next thing that I started to fulfil with colours. Here I use peach-orange along with the gold colour. I made a gold colour pattern on it using various lines.



The next thing which I draw was feathers on the bottom of my illustration. This was the hardest thing to do because I have to create lots of various patterns on feathers that will suit my work. For making it I used colours which I previously used all of them can be seen above.


In the beginning, I was thinking that I made this peacock eye in features with indigo colour but then I change my mind because it will look too heavy for the thing that I wanted to do. 


I really liked this pattern that's why I added this on the feathers in the peacock' head.


Later I focused on the features on the bottom of my illustration which was the most time-consuming and difficult thing to make but the most satisfactory in all of my work when I finished it.
Firstly I made base for my drawing and then I started to fulfil these drawings with lots of various and random patterns. I have to think all the time what should I put here and what made there, it ended up that the empty places I just covered in lines which have to limited ends of the feathers which suit great to all of this work.



After finishing creating all feathers patterns I added some shadows on the bird using Spatter Brush which leaves that polkadots pattern. Nextly I added some colour background - lilac which suits great to my work. It does not make it too heavy and everything is visible.


In the end as in all my work, I added a frame with which I work on a little bit.




After seeing how this frame looks after trying out every combination I decided to change the colour for darker because the gold colour makes this pattern less visible and more unsuitable. 


Here is the final effect of my work.



Almost all my work was draw using a brush - Hard round except the dots pattern which can be seen on the peacock' belly and the neck.  



References:

Mike South, Melancholic  https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/9499849191919346/ [27.02.2021]


Blue colours palette https://pl.pinterest.com/pin/413768284508306566/ [27.02.2021]

Comments

Popular Posts