Set Project - creating drawings part 2

 Today I finished another character for my Set Project which is Cat. This animal with which I am identity was pretty hard to do. I wanted to include being pickiness and lazyness with I think the best describe my personality. 

This drawing I made using software Photoshop too which is great for using pattern brushes.
Firstly I uploaded my sketch in this programme for making outlines of my character on it and later drawing background using basic Photoshop's brush which is called Hard Round.



Later I focused on making colour base for my animals after little testing of which colour will suit the best I started to fulfil my drawing colours using the same brush. 


I started with colourize mouse putting pattern on it making this fur was incredibly difficult I was not sure how to do it correctly. That's why I put randomly where I thought it will suit the best darker and lighter lines using my favourite brush which is called Hard Round Pressure Size


Later I draw light pink tail using Hard Round brush and added some darker pink pattern on it using Hard Round Pressure Size for lines and Spatter Brushes - Pressure Colour 02 for making dots.


Changing shape of the ear using colours to which helped me with colours and brushes from creating a mouse's tail (Hard Round Pressure Size and Hard Round). For making shadows more natural I changed brush opacity from 100% to 57% which allows me to leave pretty smooth marks.  In the end, I added some details on the mouse's face such as eyelashes, eyebrows and a big pink nose. 


Then I started to fulfil with colour my main character which is the cat. Changing base colour for lighter and adding some details on it include patterns were pretty fun for me but a bit difficult. Making face which will look like the cat was the hardest. For drawing it I used brushes such as Hard Round (base and fulfiling eyes) and Ultimate Charcoal Brush (darker brown places)





   After finishing it I started doing background, this time I wanted to do something with great contrast very dark colour and very light colour. I decided to use dark blue and light pink which one I use for making mouse's tail, nose and ear. 



After trying out how the colours will look like in the different part of the drawing I started to add some details for the carpet which gives my work more space and lightness. For making this carpet fluffiness I used brush such as Hard Round Pressure Size drawing darker and lighter lines on it.


For the wall, I used dark and light pink colour which gives granny house vibe which reminds me of happy times when I do not have to do anything just relax and rest. Adding this pattern on it, in my opinion, intensifies these expressions.


In the end, I added some dark pink lines on the background for making it more full. For it I used Hard Round brush. 


Adding a gold rectangle like in my previous work does not match well as in earlier drawing but I saw it after putting it there.



This work, in my opinion, describes what I wanted to show which is laziness and pickiness even if the cat looks more like the dog I really like the final effect even if there are some things on which I still have to work on but I am becoming better with digital drawing than before so I am proud of myself.  

Comments

  1. Take screenshots of your work in progress so we can see the tools you are using alongside your explanation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts