Art Project - Storyboard

 As another Art Portfolio task, we have to create a storyboard based on our Set Project. My Project is about creating six characters using characteristic personal features of my family and make animals from them. I decided to choose two characters and make a story from them. It will look like a kind of comics or just a storyboard for animation.

How I want to make this:

I prefer drawing on paper to digital drawing but I have to leave my comfort zone that's why I draw my story using the website whose name is whiteboard.explaineverything. From the page, I used a storyboard that has eight rectangles of the same size. I made it in black and white because in these colours I really like to work. I made a storyboard before and now I know what should I include in it and what should I focus on. 

I decided to use three characters from my Set Project which is Monkey, Cat and Mouse. The plot is clear and easy to understand in my opinion. The story is about Monkey who does like do pranks and when she gots bored she decided that she would steal cheese from Mouse's eyes which end up eating it by her which was before angry Mouse's eyes. Making it was pretty fun for me. 

Inspiration for it was Tom and Jerry cartoon, where Jerry would be Monkey and Mouse would be Tom. I do love this cartoon when I was younger these Tom's trying to get rid of Jerry which never succeed was really hilarious for me. I decided to make a similar plot with my characters and in my opinion, I did pretty well. 


Tom and Jerry

I put shadows and thinner lines on the background for making more space there. I will draw my story in a fairy - tale style which I do love. Under drawing, I added some text which describes the scene. Above the storyboard, I added the title of my story.




References:

Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera (1940) Tom and Jerry https://theconversation.com/uk/environment [Accessed  17.02.2021]



Comments

  1. A storyboard should form part of your portfolio on your website, outlining the narrative of the animation you are designing characters for. IT would be a really good way to show how your characters would behave, their personalities etc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts