Set Project: Class Development Exercise
During our other Art Portfolio lesson, we have to wonder how we have to develop our Set Project. As help we have to use one of these methods:
1. The meditative approach where you close your eyes and image your theme and possible outcomes.
2. The mountain valley where you look at your ideas and rank them from to best to worst (from the top of the mountain to the bottom)
3. The flag where you design symbols/drawings and works on a flag to represent your project.
1. The meditative approach where you close your eyes and image your theme and possible outcomes.
2. The mountain valley where you look at your ideas and rank them from to best to worst (from the top of the mountain to the bottom)
3. The flag where you design symbols/drawings and works on a flag to represent your project.
I decided to use a second method which will help me organize my work and chose, in my opinion, the right one idea. I will use the mountain for categorizing my concept form the best to the worst.
The best idea in my opinion which I was thinking about as making my Set Project was using my family characteristic personality traits and made from its animals. For example, I will be a cat because of my laziness, malice, being picky and always goes my own paths that's why I think these whimsical animals suit my character the best.
Another idea I thought about creating my characters in various poses I would use for its characteristic postures which made ballerinas or maybe using poses characteristic in a varied kind of dances. Which will be a good idea if that kind of drawing (Expressive) will not be my Achilles heel.
As the third idea was about taking into consideration cats which one I want to use as creating a family, where everyone will be this animal. I was thinking about creating it using my family image, for example, my oldest brother will be presented as Ragdoll which is the most relaxed and laziest cat which. This idea has a good concept but sounds boring because the only difference between these characters will be fur colours.
My fourth idea was creating characters using mushrooms which everyone will have their own expressions depends on how the impact it has on the human body. For example toxic - Toadstool will be shy, Maitake will be too self-confident and Black Truffle will have a rich image. This idea does not sound bad but it does not match to the topic which is Expressionism.


Still isn't clear why you are thinking of using these elements as the basis of your characters and how that fits into the theme you chose. This is something we should discuss in the tutorial next week. There is a need to develop the work in terms of character, backstory and role of each character within your story.
ReplyDelete