Art Portfolio - Self - portrait
During today's lessons, we created some fast sketch (15 minutes) of our self-portrait. Everybody made it in different technique some used programs such as Photoshop and others used just paper and pen the same as me.
I decided to draw myself inspired Anthony "Tony" Siruno - a lot of my faces with different facial expressions. For example happiness (in red hair), disgust (in green hair), sadness (blurred face) or boredom (in blue hair). I drow in some places a few triangles which painted on yellow which illustrated my good mood during doing this task. This self-portrait gives me a brilliant opportunity to try myself in a new thing. I drow everything linear and some in the portrait hair for it I used hatching which one I learned the previous term.
Siruno (1992) Chel
Maybe my drawings are not that close to original but I tried my best and what was unexpected I have fun during drawing myself.
I decided to experiment a little bit with colour and put paint on it. To be honest, it looks a little bit messy and unprofessional but in some kind sense, it shows my character - a little bit shy but crazy inside.
During drawing this I wanted to focus on various emotions, for example, happiness (these in red hair), disgust (in green), fatigue (in yellow), boredom (in blue). Maybe this is not one of my best drawings but I have really fun doing a task.
References:
Character Design References (2017) Art of the Road to El Dorado characterdesignreferences.com 11.01.2021





Good effort, would like to see maybe one or two of your drawings developed with a bit of colour to develop the expression and EMOTION of your portraits (e.g. red cheeks to show embarrassment or rage). It's worth trying out your initial drawings in pencil and then inking over the top, sometimes it is easier to get a more fluid line with pencil than with marker pen. I'd like you to edit and develop the text here as well - describe some of the emotions you were trying to get across in the drawings. Also it would be good to see another example of Siruno's work as comparison with the portraits you have made.
ReplyDelete