Set Project - generation of the ideas and creating fast sketches

 As a conclusion our today's lessons we have to do some fast 5-6 sketches which one will show what exactly we want to do as Set Project.

As my Set Project topic is Expressionism I thought about drawing mushrooms which everyone will have their own expressions depends on how the impact it has on the human body. For example toxic - Toadstool will be shy, Maitake will be too self-confident and Black Truffle will have a rich image. I have to do some research before starting and choose which one mushroom I will give a second life. As an inspiration, I will use Inside Out  Disney and Pixar movie where the emotions are showed the best. 


Disney& Pixar (2015) Inside Out
 
As a second idea, I took into consideration cats which one I want to use as creating a family, where everyone will be this animal. I was thinking about creating it using my family image, for example, my oldest brother will be presented as Ragdoll which is the most relaxed and laziest cat which perfectly described my brother character. My little sister will be Birman or Maine coon which are describe as the most friendly cats. My little sister is the most friendly and happy person which I ever met. I think she will befriend with a stone if she can. 

My mum will be Siamese because it is described as the most vocal of all breeds. Talkative it is a perfect definition of her. If she can she will talk all day, she very often calls me just to talk about serial which she just watched. Sometimes we can talk hours arguing which character was better. To be honest, I love it, it shows that she treats me like a friend, not just her daughter which is really nice. My little brother will be Persian because of their decile nature which sometimes really irritated me in my brother because some people try to use him. I always tried to teach him how to say "no" if he does not want to do something and I am proud of myself that I teach him it even if just a little. 

I will describe myself as Sphynx or British shorthair because I am picky, sarcastic and always go my own path.  
 My older sister will be Turkish Angora which is the most devoted to the people that care and love being involved whatever they are doing. This is a perfect description of her.

For doing this, I will be inspired by 2D animation Angelina Balerina which one I watched as a child. This cartoon is about a mouse which one wants to become a famous ballerina. There are used animals motive as the main characters which one live like humans they go to school, play and make their dream true.


Angelina Balerina (2001-09)

The second inspiration for creating animal family will be Zootopia where was shown idea which one I want to include in my Set Project which is family. 


Disney (2016) Zootopia

After a little thinking, I decided to choose a second idea which in my opinion sounds more interesting. I can experiment with clothing, items and cats genre. Show their character, focus on details I think it will be great fun. 
To be honest it was one of my ideas but I started thinking that maybe focusing on the only one spaces may not be good. I mean I can use other animals such as a lion, giraffe or even pelicans for describing my family personality. But I have to think about it a little bit maybe during doing this task I will decide which will be the best.


References:

Disney & Pixar (2015) Inside out empireonline.com 12.01.2021

Vince Perugini (2020) The 12 The Healthiest Mushrooms That You Can Eat nutritionyoucanuse.com 12.01.2021

Angelina Balerina (2001-09) commonsensemedia.org 12.01.2021

Disney (2016) Zootopia 1017x1276  typewritermonkeytaskforce.com 12.01.2021














Comments

  1. I want you to think carefully about using either mushrooms or cats - I'm not sure how this fits in with the theme of expressionism or how you make links to your theme using either one of these as your characters. Is there another way that you can use the theme of expressionism in an animation that evokes emotion or atmosphere or links between a group of people (like a family or friends). You don't really give a strong enough reason for using mushrooms or cats as the subject of your project. What are you trying to say? You could create fantastical creatures or set your animation idea in the future, for instance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts