Website research
To help to make my page I was looking for some professional author of animation one of them is Dean Roberts. He is scriptwriter, director a lot of animation movies for example "The animated Mr Bean" or "The secret show". He also drew some of Disney's character such as Cruella de Vil (101 dalmatians), Tarzan or The Little Mermaid.
The first thing which one inconspicuous when I visiting his page was everything orderly and clear. Every click on the menu moved me to the place I want to see I do not have to search long on the page I can see everything fast and clear.
On the start page, we can see examples of his works
The first thing which one inconspicuous when I visiting his page was everything orderly and clear. Every click on the menu moved me to the place I want to see I do not have to search long on the page I can see everything fast and clear.
On the start page, we can see examples of his works
The description
A little about what is he doing and what he created it is written with humorous that shows his sense of humour but he may not be taken seriously by some because of it. So I do not think that it is a good description of yourself for professionals.
Examples of his works
In my opinion, this is good that we can see his work chronologically because we can see his progression with work and how to develop his work since the beginning.
It is easy to find and everything put is a small quadrat we have to just click on it.
Here is an example of his works from "Gnomeo and Juliet"
Work history and contact details.
We can see where he was worked since the beginning and what he has done since then. That something what every professionalism should put into their page. This one example is good there is clearly written where and what he was doing. I may change the font to bold in an animation studio or animation title because it will be more inconspicuous for people.
Background
The dark background suits very well to his works whose was showed in pale colours or in black & white. On the right above side, we can see an animation of himself it shows a sense of his humour the same as describing of himself.
I can not say that I like or dislike this page because there are few things for which one I admire the author because of his works and animation himself. On "About me" page we can see the author's character but because of it, it does not look professional for me.
Next example is Studio Ghibli website. I like on this page that there is everything that we can find about this company in one place so it is wonderful we can save a lot of time and know things at first hand.
Start page
On the first page, we can see Totoro from "My neighbour Totoro" which is studio Ghilbi trademark.
When we want to see anything we have to click on it. I think that this start page is repulsive because of this main colour - blue and added for this colour white and green in my opinion is not a good idea. We can not clearly see what was written next to the word on the black rectangle because of the white colour and small size.
The title Studio Ghibli is big and in bold font, so we can clearly see what is written there.
The right side on this page is almost empty what compared to the left side does not look good in fact the words are disturbing the drawing. I think that Totoro should be moved to the right side then the whole page will not be empty and nothing will be disturb anything.
Description
We can find there some history, how this company started and by who was created. Everything is clear and understandable described in a lot of detail. In my opinion, the description should be a little shorter because if it is too long it may bore a person who is reading it.
We can find their information about the latest and upcoming exhibition. It is written with describing what is the performance about and what will be exhibited with the date, title and poster of it. There is all what should the exhibition contain information.
There is a lot of information about the Ghibli museum and exhibition whose we can see now or we will see in the future. On the website, we can even find a map of this place with a nice drawing on it.
We can see examples of Ghibli's works with chronologic arranged which is a lot. If we want to see the animation we can click on the title and see it. But not in every of the title we can click that's what I do not like in this page we have to look for it what may be discouraging.
In my opinion, the Studio Ghibli website looks very professional and modern. The page is very well designed even if I do not like white background there it suits very well. Almost everything that we want to see or read we can find in one place we have to just click on it. The page is really clear and easy to understand with examples of their lovely works.
References:
Dean Roberts 2005 Dean Roberts - storyboard - animation - design - illustration 06.11.2020 deanroberts.co.uk
Studio Ghibli 2005 Overview of Studio Ghibli 06.11.2020 ghibli.jp
Aja Romano 2019 Tim Burton has built his career around an iconic visual aesthetic. Here’s how it evolved 06.11.2020 vox.com
Biography.com Editors 2014 Tim Burton Biography 06.11.2020 biography.com














I think here you needed to discuss further how the websites worked in terms of user experience and therefore you needed to discuss the navigation, links and the website further rather than just the design
ReplyDeleteYou still have missing posts at the beginning for sequential images and advertising please add these
ReplyDelete