Storyboard research

 Before I start doing my storyboard I have to do some research on how to do it to make it clear and understandable.  

The first artist which I will research is Charle Stan. He is an artist who creates a storyboard for Empire trilogy author's Brandon Sanderson's.  The scene is called "Jumping on the Luthadel Wall". 



When I looked at it for the first time I was amazed by how wonderful it looks everything is so clear every sequence, every move and the text which one they will say all of it is placed there. We can see the whole course of events in animation just looking at it. I am not good with doing things exactly how I want to for the first time. The idea always changes during doing something.  That's why I admire people who can plan everything and then do everything step by step exactly like in their plan.


Next artist which one I want to research is Tatsuya Igarashi who made a storyboard for animation Japanese comic "Sailor Moon" author's Naoto Takeuchi from 1996.



I admire Tatsuya Igarashi for leaving the original Takeuchi manga style. I am aware that copy someone style to keep the atmosphere from someone work may be hard to do but Igarashi made it great. It is incredibly similar to the original. Thank's to it we can watch "Sailor Moon" as if it was made by Naoto Takeuchi original author.  


References:

Charles Tan 2015 Luthadel Wall based on Brandon Sanderson Mistborn novel 17.10.2020 behance.net

Tatsuya Igarashi 1996 Sailor Moon scanned by Mizuno Caitlin 17.10.2020 missdream.org






Comments

  1. I think you have some good research here, however think about how that does inform your own work and what can you take away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this blog post!! It shows your thought process, your ideas and feelings on your research which will help you develop your work. I also liked that you looked at 2 different artists as could help you pick up on different styles and themes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts