Opentooz - experimenting with the software

 A little bit late I decided to start learning how to use animation software which is Opentooz. I have never used this application so it is really important to see if this program is suitable for me and my final project.
That how this software looks like after opening 


Before starting doing animation I have to set some information about my project like title, with how many frames for a second I want to do my animation or which one layout chose. 

I have never used this program before I made only rotoscoping in Photoshop so I want to know as much as I could to start my project. The first thing which one I decided to start exploring were the frames. I found out that every column is a separate rectangle (layout). It was great news for me because in every moment I could add or erase some of the frames to make my animation better. 

I started drawing to know how the tools work and if there are some brush which one I can use to mine work. I could change the size, hardness and smoothness of the brush. I decided to draw the falling rain. 


To active onion skin to draw next frame which will harmonise with the others, I have to click on the right-side mouse and then click on "Active onion skin". It is really useful because I can see what I just drew a frame or a few frames ago. 



After a few frames, I decided to render my animation in AVI format.  The program FFMPEG which one will help to render my experimental project to MP4, unfortunately, does not work on my computer so I decided to save it in AVI format. I have never expected that saving something may be so stressful and difficult. If I will render it to the wrong format and then close the application then all my work will be destroyed. 


Here is my final short animation.
It is not as smooth and clean as I expected but it was a great experience for the future. Now I will focus on my major project using things which one I learned from it.







Comments

  1. Very well done , well explained and a good technical detail and final execution of your experiment

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts