Major project research

To help develop my idea for my major project which is animation, I have to do more research to know better how exactly  I want to do it and who will be my inspiration. Since the beginning, I thought that I want to do an animation inspired by a character from Tim Burton's movie. He is an author for example "Corpse bridge", "Frankenweenie" or "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". I mean with all of these mysteries and terrifying outlook because of the topic which one (The story of Frankenstein)  I chose but I am not good at creating that kind of thing but I decided to try and make my main character in such aura. I am aware that it will be challenging for me but I do not want to give up because I do not know how to do something. 

To create my main character outlook inspired by "Corpse bridge" the dead people, Emily - the dead bridge and Victor - Emily's husband by mistake. They are the best example of this outlook which I have mentioned above (mysterious and terrifying). 



The next artist which one I am inspired by is  Mehdi Hercberf is also known as Shoboshobo. She is a wildly gifted artist she is making illustrations, graphic artworks, clothing design, music, and printed edition. Her works focused on monsters and creatures who may be called strange, pop, frightening, and sometimes cute. She performed, exhibited, and lectured but her heart reminded in Japan. 

Thanks to her I learned that I have to look more broadly at the topic. I admire how she creates her own brand because of her ideas - even if it is a monster and all I can see when I am thinking about it is something scary as was in Tim Burton's movies but she makes wit this topic something that I should not be afraid of monsters and creatures with such sweetness. 




Another example of which one I am inspired by is Studio Ghibli especially "Spirited Away" animation. Especially Yubaba the witch with her own bathhouse. I like this character because of her love for Boh (huge baby) and her pursuit of a goal. I want to show my character the mad scientist who creates Frankenstein in my animation with that kind of vibe.  





Third inspiration for my major project is Dean Roberts works. His style is this what I want to archive in the future. I admire him for wonderful animals drawing and for this that every character whose he created have their own special looks which shows perfectly their personality. I will try to show the character's attitude in my animation.






I will try to make my animation in old-style like in Polish short animations "Zaczarowany ołówek" or "Bolek i Lolek" from the '60s. 




Research to my major project

My major project is an animation which one I will draw frame by frame. This is the only type of animation that I know so I want to do it as best as I can. After making some research I knew more about it but it even if still a long way above me. I have to search and learn more to end up my project the best as I can. 

After doing some research I want to focus on Studio Ghibli animation. It is one of my biggest inspiration, especially the one of the first one animation, for example, "Spirited Away". That's why I want to inspire animation by studio Hayaki Miyazaki's which one I admire. I read some books about Japanese animation and it was beneficial to develop my idea and my knowledge. 

References:

Biography.com Editors (2019) Tim Burton Biography 10.11.2020 biography.com

WarnerBros (2005) Corpse Bridge 10.11.2020 warnerbros.com

Toshio Suzuki (2001) Spirited Away Studio Ghibli 10.11.2020 ghibli.jp

Ana Benaroya (2013)  Illustration next Contemporary Creative Collaboration p.90-93 London Thames & Hudson  

Rachel Berman (2014)  The Definitive ranking of lyrics from The Little Mermaid 10.11.2020 ohmy.disney.com

Melissa Barett (2014) Classic No. 17 One Hundred and One Dalmatinas (1961) 10.11.2020 thedisneyodyssey.wordpress.com


Bilingual Kid (2019) Bolek i Lolek, nasi koledzy z dzieciństwa 10.11.2020 bilingual-kid.com


Julia Saracen (2020) Pamiętacie jeszcze tę bajkę? Jedna z najlepszych dobranocek dawnych lat, aż łezka się kręci 10.11.2020 lelum.pl


Comments

  1. Good start on research - you need to add image sources underneath all images that link to the original source. Your formatting is odd and different sizes please fix using the clear formatting function on the blogger editor 'T' with a line through it. You don't seem to have all your references here as you have mentioned more people that you have as research - please ensure that you add all references

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts