Class Exercise: Research

 In today's sessions, I am looking for research on which one I did before and explain why I chose these artists.

Explain how you researched this

To make this research I used the Shoboshobo blogportfolio, and illustration book. This helps me know her art better. Thanks to it I can decide what I want to include in my post and how her works affect my project. I want to create Frankenstein which even if is a monster he will not be scary with his appearance. 

Name something you have researched in the past for art, design, or media

I have researched Mehdi Hercberf who is known as Shoboshobo

What facts did you discover?

She is an artist whose work involves a wide range of projects including illustration, graphic design, music, and printed editions. Her works focused on monsters and creatures. She performed, done workshops, lectured, and exhibition in a lot of countries. An artist but at the same time she is a teacher in Paris art school - Ecole Estienne Paris but her heart reminded of Japan. 

What new conclusion did you establish?

To be honest I establish everything new about this person because before doing research I have never heard anything about this artist. I looked at her works and analyzed it what gives me more knowledge about Shoboshobo and her disputes possesions art. 

After researching this artist I have learnt how colour interacts with each other especially these which one is for opposite sides of the colour wheel - red - green, yellow - purple, blue - orange. Mehdi combines material which no one will think that they will be a good match. For example glitter fabric with a lively colour. Thank's to it her characters are unique.  Every with her work tells a different story and experimenting with various materials to create something that will be associated with only one author that what I want to archive in the future.


References:

Mehdi Hercberg 2013 Shoboshobo 11.11.2020 shoboshobo.com

Mehdi Hercberg 2013 Shoboshobo Portfolio 11.11.2020 shoboshoboBook.com

Ana Benaroya (2013) " Illustration next Contemporary Creative Collaboration" p.90-93 London Thames & Hudson

Comments

  1. This is good that you have explained this and that you are looking at someone new. In terms of what you learn what did you learn about technique and animation itself - what is useful to you ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, a well thought out blog post. I think you are missing the research into/for/through my project which can really help you gather your ideas and see which aspects you would like to research further.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts